9.04.2008

The down-side of being an avid cyclist...

+

=


Oh my poor husband! Mackay is a die hard cycler and since we got married and decided to have children his days of free riding are few and far between. Mack works up at the Lodge in Sundance and has decided that it would be "FUN" to ride his bike to and from work. Well it rained Monday so he didn't ride and Tuesday there just was to much going on. So Wednesday he road and to make up for missing the last two days he decided to do the alpine loop before he came home. Needless to say he was coming to the bottom of Sundance Canyon was wiping his eye free from bugs (forgot his glasses) didn't see a rock and went head first over his handle bars. He said it was surreal and just remembers skidding across the pavement. He had so much adrenalin that he got back on his bike and road home... about 9 miles.... Jersey torn and bibs completely gone on the left side. He peeked in the garage door I said "hey" and replied "I'm okay..." I jumped up and he had serious road rash from left toe to left shoulder. He had rocks that were embedded, gravel that was smeared in the wound, and tar that was lodged in his knee. I was completely at a loss and called my dad. He and my mom came over. My dad called some doctors we headed to Orem community.... Mack got a tetnus shot, some lidycane, and 4 hours of being scrubbed down with a sponge and a little scrappy tool. Poor Mack. But is guess it is all for the LOVE of the Sport.  

9 comments:

Holly said...

Ouch! I'm glad he is ok.

Buffy Dayton said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe he got back on the bike and did 9 more miles after that. Poor guy! Can we do anything for you? I would have FREAKED out if that would have been Joe, oooowww that makes my stomach hurt!! I AM SOOOO SORRY!

The Tuck Family said...

OUCH! Sadly I have been there, but not quite THAT bad. Thanks so much for the cute note and cinnamon rolls, they were delicious! My husband really likes it when you guys drop by because you always bring such wonderful goodies! Thanks again....I hope Mackay gets well soon.

Lindsay said...

soooo sad!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Hope he is okay. I can barely stand a little skid on my knee. painful

Jen said...

oh my gosh I about died when your blog popped up. That looks like it hurts so bad and the fact that they had to scrape it. OUCH!

Sarah said...

wow what a trooper, i cant believe that he rode all the way home!!! I would have been freaking out!!

Unknown said...

AHHH i would have been hysterical whenever Chris even gets a bruse from practice I freak :) I am so glad he is okay. It's hard to witness things like that.

Brittany said...

holy schneikies! that is a freaky injury! at least he gets to let you show it off so we can all be impressed, right??

Bruni Bunch said...

I am glad he is ok. That is a long ride home.